Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New Year's Resolutions...

Ok, rather late, I know. One of my (many, and now mostly broken) new year's resolutions was to use my blog more. I enjoy posting but always forget to do it.

Other resolutions included spend less, exercise more, pray more and, um... be better at stuff.

Anyway, here's an article I enjoyed recently (courtesy of Coz):

The Caucasian crusader rides again in 'Blood Diamond'
http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/beyond-the-pale/2007/01/09/1168104982198.html
I'm looking forward to the film, but it helps to keep these things in context when you realise the questions about films that we often forget to ask.

I also went to see Apocalypto over the Christmas break - very, very gory. It could have been quite good if Mel Gibson would have resited going too far and dipping into the ridiculous. Giles Fraser makes some interesting observations here, although I'm not sure that I agree that the film can be branded antisemitic:

A Christian snuff movie that links blood with salvation
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1986514,00.html

Oh, and big congratulations to all the lovely couples getting married this year:

Sarah and Dave
Alice and Dante
Alice and Nick (different Alice)
Chris and Antonia
Dan and Alex (my husband's last unwed brother)

More to say, but I think I'll break it down into different posts.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: