Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Movie Reviews

Late summer (I think) last year, my best friend Sarah's mum, Jenny, had to have a very serious heart operation. We all rejoice that things went very well and now she is well on the road to recovery. During her recuperation, Jim and I lent her some DVDs to pass the time as she was basically told by doctors that she MUST NOT DO ANYTHING THAT MIGHT EXHAUST HER, and with a heart complaint, that includes pretty much any activity that you can't do from the sofa (and some you can).

Anyway, after she had watched some of them, we were very pleased to receive a little note to say thank you and offer her critique of the collection. So here are her thoughts...

Connie and Carla - this is the first film I watched. It cheered me up. Very entertaining.
Paycheck - Interesting. I like the way Ben Affleck used the contents of that envelope.
The Core - I like disaster movies. Very exciting in places...should be careful withmy heart racing away.
Cypher - I really liked this one. What a surprise ending! And I think Jeremy Northam is gorgeous.
The Thirteenth Floor - ?! What? Not a bad film but not suitable for a person with an infarct!!

Thanks Jennie. We look forward to more!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: