Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Greenbelt 2009 - highs and lows

Okay, so I'm a little behind the rest of the world in getting my thoughts on this year's Greenbelt into words, and for my official review of the festival you'll have to read this week's Methodist Recorder.

So I thought instead I'd just offer my highlights and lowlights and let my hubby's pictures tell the story.


Highlights
* Lounging in the sunshine

* Visiting the smiling faces on the Methodist Church stand in G-Source

* Maggie Dawn's challenge to give up our false impressions of God
* My big bro Jon waxing lyrical about comic books and Dr Who (below)

* Beer n hymns


* Sixpence None the Richer performing their new material

Sixpence None the Richer lead singer Leigh Nash

* The launch of TheMediaNet - a network for Christians working in the media (check it out!)

* Spending time with lovely hubby Jim Drew (who took all these photos)

Lowlights

* Sunday morning worship (politically charged and positively dire - check out the Greenbelt blog for the criticisms)


* Freezing my butt off in the tent on Friday night

* Missing all the cool stuff scheduled for Monday (especially awesome fantasy author Jasper Fford)

* Sixpence None the Richer performing their old material. Some things are best left in the past.

___

All in all, though, I had a ruddy good time.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


PS. Apologies to all for being a terribly sporadic blogger.

No comments: